Thursday, November 19, 2009

Salt

I was renewing the wards today.  Everything seemed to be in order.  Then I realized I had run out of salt.  (It must have been from performing an abjuration on a cursed book last week.)  No worry, I'll just walk to the store, I thought. 

Except they were out.

In fact, I went to the three grocery stores within walking distance only to find that they were all out of salt.  All the while, my dorm room whas completely unguarded.  There's more than a few things out there that would absolutely love to pay me a visit while I sleep.  And while it's more than possible the proximity of Thanksgiving is causing a lot a compulsive cookers to buy up a lot of salt, I can't help but feel like this was planned.

I've made do with a few iron crosses, but they repel me almost as much as everything else I mean to keep out so they're not a long-term solution.  Such a pain in the butt, too, 'cause I'm going to have to clean the space again.  I know I'm being paranoid, but I should probably prepare for some kind of attack.  I think something's up to something.

2 comments:

  1. Next time that happens, hit up a fast food place and steal their salt. Special priests pray over fast food salt in the factory before it's shipped out. Fun fact.

    ReplyDelete