Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Another Faceless Lady and Surgery

The semester ended the other night.  I stayed an extra day, so I could change rooms.  Anything to escape my horrible roommate.  Seriously, he's almost literally the Roommate from Hell.  Some nights he comes in smelling of alcohol and brimstone and he leaves singed footprints on the tile of our dorm room (and those take forever to wash out of the floor).  That aside, the night was rather quiet as I was one of the seven students remaining on a campus which normally houses 5000+.  It was really lonely, too.  So, as usual, I sought refuge from the loneliness at my favored hearth, Taco Bell.

I was making my usual round about the outside of the building (it helps prevent anyone unwanted from following you) when I saw her by the drive-thru order mic.  She was wearing a red dress reminiscent of the one Marilyn Monroe wore, except of course that it was red and ended just above her knees.  Her days-long legs ended in a pair of red pumps  Long flowing blonde hair fell about the sides of her head and she was leaning over to the passenger side as though whispering something in the window.  She was rather shapely and quite easy on the eyes, except that she didn't have a face.

I don't know where she comes from or what she is, but I'm starting to wonder if it's more than a coincidence.  They don't act like noppera-bo so I'm kind of at a loss as to what they are, but I can't help but wonder if they're showing themselves to me for a reason.  They kind of remind me of dream-things which some dream-psychologists refer to as "supernumeraries".  They're like the extras that your brain doesn't flesh out in dreams.  They're far too detailed to be those.

Also, I'll be gone for a few days.  I've got some surgery tomorrow and I won't be coherent for a few days.  My wards at home are strong.  I'll probably be okay.

Let's hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment