Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What's a Daydream?

It has occurred to me (finally) the that the title of this blog may be a bit confusing.  The latter portion, "The Life and Times of a College-Aged Daydream," in particular.  The explanation is twofold

First, it needs to be stated that the Buddhist concept that "reality is what comes out of the eyes rather that into them" is not far off.  Our expectations shape reality.  When people believe in the existence of something so fervently and for so long, it simply starts to be.  Technically these things are imaginary, but just because it's imaginary doesn't mean it isn't real.  This also doesn't mean that the things they believed in didn't already exist.  There are many kinds of Fae creatures, some of which are imaginary and some which have always been real.

Second, many of these so-called impossible creatures were also thought to intermingle their own blood with that of men and women.  Dhampir and Cambions are two examples which come from real creatures.  The Daydream is another matter.  They are a catch-all term for the blood descendants of the imaginary things.  Most of the time, this doesn't manifest in any significant way.  Usually they may be a bit more lucky that the average person or display certain aptitudes or personality quirks often displayed by their progenitor.  Sometimes, though, they'll be significantly like whatever they descended from.

I am of the latter sort although I don't know what I come from or what sort of strangeness that entails.  Except that I see through whatever illusion keeps the rest of mankind blissfully ignorant.  My guess is that it comes from my dad considering the incident with the Gremlins on Thanksgiving.  I should really ask when I go home for Christmas.  Wow this sounds like some creepy otherkin self-explanation.  Relax, I'm not some delusional "dragon with gold eyes who breathes rainbows trapped in a human body."

As far as I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment