Saturday, April 3, 2010

An Analysis of the Visions

I've done some thinking about the visions the hitchhiker forced on me yesterday.

The starry sky.  Night obviously.  No clouds.  The stars were bright against the black sky.  The Milky Way was clearly visible so the view was a way from bright lights, probably away from the city. 

The room full of sleeping people.  They were dressed as normal people.  Just adults.  There were aisles of things so I assume it was a market of some kind. 

The first Faceless Lady atop a car.  She's standing up and it looked like she was looking around for something (or so I assume being unable to follow her lack of eyes).  She was dressed as she always is, a windbreaker with its hood up and jeans.  Something about her suggests she's expecting something to happen.  Uncharacteristically, she isn't smoking.  Against her stood a backdrop of a few indistinguishable trees and the same starry sky.  The car was white but otherwise nondescript.  I don't know (or care) anything about car models so I don't really know anything else about it. 

The image of a gentleman and then myself, arms raised, against a storm.  That's a curious one, indeed.  I once knew a guy (who sort of reminded me of my brother) who could direct the weather by singing or playing a bass guitar, but that was about a year before I arrived here.  And he was very much from another Place.  (That story will have to be told eventually)  The storm was, well, stormy and dark (sans the lightning) so I assume that it, too, was at night.  As for the bit about myself against the storm, no idea.

A pack of small dogs surrounding a skeletal figure.  The dogs were mostly chihuahuas, but all pretty much all toy breeds.  Their hackles were raised and it looked as though they were planning to pounce en masse.  As to the figure itself, it was humanoid and genuinely looked like a charred skeleton cowering against them all.  It had no face that I could see so much as a skull-like visage which bore the traditional rictus grin.  They were on pavement which looked somewhat damp.  A pool of light surrounded the figure and the dog, but outside it was dark.  Another night scene.

The hitchhiker's words.  "You are armed for the night ahead."  No idea what that means, but all of the visions were of apparent night scenes (excepting the sleeping people).  So I have no real idea what connects all these scenes, except perhaps the referenced night itself.  And I don't even know if it means a literal or metaphorical night at that.  Strange things, though.  Sleepers out of place.  A man, myself, and a storm (and I don't really get along with those).  The first Faceless Lady out and about.  Dogs and a skeleton.

Something is on its way.  And I think I'm scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment