Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Disconcerting Procession of Demons

I mentioned some time ago, that I knew someone I thought might be an incubus.  He's no worry now since he's now in Turkey to study bears.  I also mentioned near the middle of last December that I literally had a roommate from Hell.  It turns out that demonic roommates have been somewhat of a trend since I got to college.

My first roommate was human.  A bit of a redneck, but not an idiot (which is nothing to bemoan, speaking as an Arkansas native).  About two weeks in to the first semester of freshman year, he made a friend and wanted to switch rooms.  The Housing office at our school screwed me over and, despite my protests, I was stuck with the other guy's roommate.

He was a nice guy.  He was also one of those people who seems to smell funny (and sort of unpleasant to me) all the time.  Which doesn't make sense since he was an almost painfully clean individual.  Now I'm not going to call him a demon, per se, but he struck me like a river spirit with junk in the trunk (if you'll pardon the Miyazaki pun).  He displayed a metanormal nature in that he seems to amplify the tendency of things to equalize.  Things neither failed nor resoundingly succeeded in his presence.  We got on amicably for a the rest of the year.

I didn't have such luck after that.

The next year, I ended up with a self-avowed bipolar redneck who liked to show me his "skinnin' knives".  Not a bad guy, but something struck me as wrong about him.  A little testing and research and I found out what it was.  It seems that my third roommate was a lower-level demonic entity attached to the slaughter of animals.  I doesn't do to ward against your roommate, so I changed rooms at semester.

The fourth guy was a ghost.  Figuratively.  I never met him, so I can't vouch for his nature.  The fifth I have already detailed in a previous post and have no desire to relive that experience now.  That brings me to the latest and (not-so-)greatest.

He claimed to be 34, living in the dorms.  It didn't take long for me to have suspicions, but longer for me to act on them.  It turns out he, like the one I met last semester, is an incubus.  And he liked little girls.  I finally acted on it when I walked in on him accessing certain content on the Glorious Series of Tubes.  The Police were notified and they got working pretty quickly on the matter.  Still, there was the matter that he was a demon to deal with.  It took some work, but some silver chains (silver screws with just about everything but the Fae (which begs the question of what I am again)) and a strange Hebrew incantation later, he was arrestable (and will continue to be so until the designated authorities (in this case, the Police) release him from custody).  I hate working proper magic, but a seal-and-binding was necessary to prevent loss of human life.

Back to topic (or tl;dr, as it were): all my roommates are demons!

I'm SO getting single next year.

2 comments:

  1. I'm now caught up on all your posts. Great writing. I love the story about you being able to fly now... I am so jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Just think of lovely things
    And your heart will fly on wings..."

    ReplyDelete