Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I Made a Cursed Bracelet (On Accident)

Magic is everywhere in our world.  It exists in almost-nauseating amounts.  It bleeds from everything humans have made contact with.  Doubly so for things we consider important.  One might consider it the inherent potential of anything once so imbued by the human spirit.  For better or worse.

During the episode with my last roommate, I almost mechanically churned out little polymer clay charms.  Mostly for practice.  Sort of to while away the time until the police took action.  Anything to stay out of my room when the cops showed.  The waiting was killing me.  A few of them were of my signature piece: a strawberry.  I finally made something of a color-inverted strawberry charm on a chain bracelet last week.  And it has been nothing but trouble.

As with anyone else, my negative feelings tainted my work.

Lo and behold!  The bracelet is cursed.

Since I made it, myself and two others have worn it.  Our moods have been endlessly dragged down and nothing but bad luck has followed the wearer.  It's currently warded away in a jar of dried rosemary but I don't know how I'm going to get rid of it, or at least divest it of its curse.  Or for that matter, what I should do with the other charms I made around then.

So much wasted clay.

2 comments:

  1. maybe you could give the cursed charms to mean people. slip them into their pockets when they're not looking. or sell them on ebay as cursed charms... other people may have use for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Is there a trade in cursed objects on Ebay? I knew there was one for haunted items.

    Eh, I'm not some kind of bokor here. It's not up to me to pass the curse along (without provocation, that is...).

    ReplyDelete